View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 AM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
Cool man. My first car was an 89 Buick Century, white, with blue interior. Power locks but not power windows. The car was great... but I had the 2.8l v6. The engine still ran great when I had to get rid of it, but when I was 17, I hit a guard rail on a nasty road in bad weather, and kind of threw the body out of whack. The body looked ok, there was not a lot of visible damage, but after several years, the metal piece the door latch closes around wore out, becuase it was not lined up right.... it rusted off, so the door wouldn't stay shut. It wasn't worth it to fix. But that car had over 200k on it, and the motor was still strong.

The seats in that car were sooo rediculously comfortable. I wouldn't mind buying another one some day as a beater. But yeah, the cars are FWD and very light. I did a 180 in the snow once, and luckily didn't hit anything.

Yeah, this one's still going strong with 217K miles on it. I don't think I'm going to turbo it though. If I do anything with it now, it's going to be an L67/4t65 swap. Somebody on the A-body forum did a full write-up on the swap, and looks like the only thing he had to fabricate was the rear trans torsion brace, and do a hybrid with the axles. Apparently most of the mounts and stuff off the old gran prix 3100 setup bolts right over and mounts it in perfectly.

Then again, I may just leave it stock. It's a good running car. 200k+ miles just reinforces my pride in GM.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote