View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacho View Post
I'm hooking up a 30 amp relay with a 20 amp in line fuse. I'm looking at the diagram for the 25 amp relays, the 30 and 85 and 86 are messed up between my diagram.

According to your diagram: 87 goes to dark blue, 85 goes to pink, 30 goes to ground, and 86 goes to 12 volt power source (assuming a passenger headlight).

The diagram on the back of my relay box goes: 86 to negative trigger, 85 to 12 volt power source, 87 a not used, and I'm mixed up on what to put on 87 and 30 according to the diagram below (I know I have to put the blue and pink wire here but does it matter which goes to which?). Thanks.
The diagram you are looking at above is for if you are going to wire an alarm...the relay you have will still be standard! Follow the diagram exactly for wiring your fogs and high beams. I tried to explain a little better below.

So on the Headlight relay the wiring goes like so:
Pin 85 to the highbeam wire.....pink maybe different depending on year
Pin 30 to ground
Pin 86 to fused 12volt source...ie battery
Pin 87 to the low beam wire....blue maybe different depending on year

Now on the Fog light relay the wiring goes like so:
Pin 85 ties into pin 85 above
Pin 86 goes to a 12volt source I would tap into the wire on Pin 86 above
Pin 87 goes to a 12volt source I would tap into the wire on Pin 86 above
Pin 30 goes to the Fog light wire....purple

also make sure your grounds are very good if not you will get dim lighting