Thread: Repair cost..?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Repair cost..?

Well last week at a 4 corners when it was my turn to go a woman (late 50's early 60's) hit my car on the rear passenger door , she was looking to her left to see if a car was coming while she was turning to her right without looking in front of her , where I was...

I saw her starting moving & then I said to myself she will see me & stop but noooo!! she hit me....
funny thing is when we got out of the cars the first thing she said to me was >Where did you come from? I didn't see you<
I replied >I was just in front of you , how could you not see me?

She wanted to just write down our phone & assurance number on a little piece of paper & I refused & ask for the police to come which they did

Anyways as far as I know she got a ticket for not doing her stop sign...
My assurance only cover other cars but my own except if I am not in fault like in this case
My assurance took all the info & send someone to my home yesterday to estimated the damage on my car & he ask me where I usually got to repair my car & I replied that I usually fix my car on my own in my garage

So he then ask me if I could repair this door on my own & I said yes
he then said that the assurance will get me a new door (from scrap ward) + the paint & a check for the job but I forgot to ask him how much he think that would cost

So what do you guys think that would cost in a body shop?
If it's a $1500 job & they offer me only $400-500 I'll refused the offer & ask for more

Thanks!

Mikey

Last edited by Goodman : 12-11-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote