Thread: My WS6 Hot Cam
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Nice!!

I remember the LS6 springs going to blue, but I have the yellow LS6 with a .510 max lift, what are the blus rated at?

The "New Blue" LS6 springs are rated at .600 lift max. GM uses them in conjunction with the Grand Am Cam which has one of the most insane ramp rates known to man. I would not take the spring over .570 though because that is just getting too close to spring bind. I went with the Hot Cam because of the split on it. Having a 219/227 and .525 lift makes it a perfect boost cam when the heads are done. GM made the Hot Cam with such a split due to the stock heads inability to get the exhaust out compared to the intake rate. Balances it out from intake to exhaust. That known, it's a great cam with not too much push at idle the way it is now on a stock converter. When I install the AI heads, dramatically increasing the heads ability to get the exhaust gas out, the cam then comes in line to be the perfect boost cam! To me, it was the best choice to start a build. Gives nice gains and retains drivability as is, and will not have to be pulled if I do go with a bit of boost down the road. As far as boost goes it's the Magnuson that I'm eying here... http://www.magnacharger.com/p-38-cor...arger-kit.aspx That kit adds around 120/120 to a stock LS1's output, on my build Id be closer to 150/140 with my current cam and better heads. That's down the road though, I do need that stall, heads and manifolds done first(next month!!). Then when I go boost, that's if I go boost, I'd go with a Strange rear and a 4L80 trans before the install of the charger. As you can see, this will be a multi-year build. Figure it's a 3 year endeavor I've got going here unless I win a lotto or something... hahahahaha...