View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Then you are either extremely lucky or somehow consider it acceptable to be continually be swapping out Chines parts under warranty.

Personally I would never do just one side for wheel bearings. I would change them in pairs.

At 163K miles, your axles are worn out. Even if they look fine (meaning no ripped boots), they are loose internally and that alone will cause enough vibration (at highway speeds) we be noticeable, and no amount of wheel balancing will fix it.

Also, isn't it possible to have problems with the wiring for the sensors that are in the wheel bearings? I think I have seen posts here devoted to that. Of course that would probably not explain any noise.

bull crap. 180k original cv shafts. no problems on my old ld9