View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbral View Post
I was led to believe that the Stage 2 package was plug and play. What programming changes need to be made to help with your drivability issues that would require a stand-alone?
HPTuners doesn't let you see or adjust all of the settings of the stock computer. There are many tables and controls that are unknown to the user.

For example, on my 2.4L ECU, there's something that dictates the idle engine speed should be high during coastdown, but I can't see it. The moment the vehicle speed hits 0, the idle immediately drops to normal (1,000). Until then, it can sometimes be quite high (2,000-2,500 RPM).

Or, when the A/C is turned on, idle is adjusted. The controls dealing with that are also hidden (at least on the 2.4L).

I'm sure the 3400 has similar missing tables.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote