View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 10:21 PM   #352
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Great news about your clutch issue. Sounds like you got it squared away.

Oh yeah, AWD would make your next car a whole different animal. Adapting Honda drivetrain stuff like you mentioned would prob. be a good foundation as those parts have already been proven in other high hp swaps. There is a Cav. on youtube that someone swapped in a Saab AWD setup into as well. Might be some useful info in that build vid. that might be helpful too. Wish i had some real world knowledge to share with you on that subject but have never attempted anything close to that caliber. lol i can only dream of such things....but maybe one day....

As far as how much $ and time is required to do that swap.....Yes, lol. Not sure how much time and money you do have to spare but honestly if i had both of those things i would build a separate shop, install a lift, then purchase basic machine tools (lathe/mill etc.) and a higher end TIG and spend all the time i had at first getting really good and solid at the basics of fab. work. Learn all of the necessary BMP's that i need to build off of and when i felt comfortable, put them into practice with my car. Dreaming of course, but if i could i absolutely would. If i won the lotto, i would jump down that rabbit hole with both feet lol. Not sure if that approach would be something you would be interested in but it would allow you to be in total control of your build and you would learn a lot of cool sh!t in the process and truthfully you would never stop learning. The sky is the limit with that...

Hopefully that is your clunk noise. As a test, maybe you could run a small bead of RTV on the metal pad/caliper contact points/edges, let it dry, then take it for a drive and see if the noise changes/goes away? Seems like a lot of clearance. Cool setup but crazy pad slop. Extra clearance for heat expansion/heavy duty use maybe? Is there a way to verify that they gave you the correct pads for that setup?

Last edited by dbral : 12-03-2023 at 10:53 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote