Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack+Mar 24 2005, 03:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackJack @ Mar 24 2005, 03:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-germ@Mar 24 2005, 08:28 AM
you do not need to do anything else to the motor other than ensure your heads are flat and making a good seal on the block.

if you get a properly sized turbo, intercooler, PCM management like the DHP Powertuner,Â;-) you can safely run 10 psi which is good for at least 300 crank HP.

alright, now what kind of 1/4 times should I estimate with the above mods....assuming just a stock (not stripped down) 4dr with no aftermarket sound system, factory wheels, and a B&M shift plus as the only other specs?
If I can't resonably hit the 12's without shelling excess of 10k under the hood, I'm scrapping the whole project and buying the car I passed over before, cuz it will.

Dont laugh, I'm not experienced at GM's YET. My mechanical experience was in building 11sec VW Beetles back in the 80's. poop's more expensive nowdays, and newer race technology. And I about had to clean out the drawers when I found out that a billet crank alone was about 2 grand. What's the world coming to? Guess racing is now only for those that are independently wealthy, or sell crack.
[/b][/quote]

you won't hit 12s with 10k guaranteed, unless you got some connections and can fab up a lot of custom poop.....even then you are pushing it, 12s are unheard of as of yet for aleros or grandams......