View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The best I've seen a CAI gain was .5 seconds in the 1/4

And you post a vid of a glorified street race where neither one of you knew what you were doing, and it shows in r/t, style, launch, etc.

For the sake of argument, let's just say you did pick up 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 from a CAI. The CAI wasn't the only factor. What about other mods, car weight the day of, weather conditions the day of, air pressure, humidity, temp, time of day (you can see this was at dusk, when it's starting to get cooler)

My car, with the SAME mods, has run 14.82 one day and 16.1 another, all based on current conditions.

You CAI did not gain you that much, it was a combo of your CAI and excellent conditions on that day.

This is 10 years of racing experience talking here. I know what I'm talking about. Do I know everything? Absolutely not. Does Mitch (Daytona on here) know everything with 25 years of racing experience behind him, absolutely not, but we both know more than you.

Congrats on your good track day and winning your "street" race

EDIT** You may have slips, but the vid does not show the scoreboard. Isn't that the most important part of taping a drag race?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 09-05-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote