View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 08:13 PM   #347
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I was thinking, just don't want to break the diff or trans cast aluminum housing though. I'm not convinced 100% it's the axles though.

I drove it back today and unfortunately the clutch hydraulic issue showed up intermittently lol. I made it to like 1/2 mile away from my house and couldn't shift from 1-2, coasted to a stop. I wiggled the clutch hydraulic line and the plastic piece and that seemed to make the pedal work for 2 more presses, allowing me to use 2nd gear to get home.

I hit the brakes hard to see if I could hear any difference in the clunk. It was only on the passenger side this time (and they replaced the passenger axle, so it can't be that). I'm actually thinking it's something with the brakes again, I'm going to do a more thorough inspection.

I'll take some pics of how the current hydraulic setup works, I have spare parts of it all. Basically the master cylinder side has some hard metal tubing that leads to a T which has a bleeder screw, and then a male plastic protrusion with an o-ring that also has a conical shape, and an apparent spring loaded valve inside to prevent fluid from leaking out. So when you stick it into the female conical slave cylinder's connection, it has a plus-sign shaped piece in the center which presses the valve, opening flow. I just think there's still air in the system and the plastic fitting is moving enough that it's actually closing. It's possible they didn't stick it in far enough.

I'll do some checking tomorrow.

Yeah this transmission I have is awesome and low mileage. Would be nice to have a backup that's also super low mileage and in great condition.

Or... I just realized the K20 engine layout in the bay is the same as my engine. So what the Honda guys do for AWD swap should work for me too...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote