View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yes... do not buy those stupid intake things... it's basically a scam to make easy money.... just like chips for the alero. Those also DO NOT work. You need real modifications... A cold air intake. A real exhaust system. Headers. Real stuff. Not ebay junk.

And not to burst your bubble. But there will be no way to get the 3400 engine to 1000 he and 1500 ft lbs tq... you will never see that number unless you drop in a drag motor and convert it to RWD.

These cars are EXPENSIVE to make fast... believe me I've done all my research. My turbo build will cost me anywhere between 15k-30k$ and with all that in the car guess how much HP it will ring out? Probably a max of a little over 500.... which I'll be happy with that.

And as for the twin turbo... unless you do rear mount turbos that's also near impossible. Unless you have the F40 6 speed trans. Then it's quite simple. But you wouldn't be able to run very big turbos. Gotta think... you want one big turbo or two smaller ones?

But yes. Do research before modding.... There is TONS of stupid things you can do to these cars that is just a waste of money and will get you laughed at for doing them.

I've got 13k in my car right now. And that's not even toward building the car...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-21-2013 at 12:34 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote