View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #53
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow this guy's a dumbass.

I didn't feel like reading the whole deal but the spark ramp out is actually at 106. My tires can handle 186+ MPH, but that doesn't mean the axles or anything else in the rotating assembly can. There is a lot of force being applied trying to pull the rotating components apart, and unless they can take it, expect a catastrophic failure. I've gone to 130 MPH for a sec once during tuning just for the hell of it, but slowed down quickly primarily because I'd rather not hit a pothole, have a blowout, or have a tie rod end come loose at that speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfi3400 View Post
im almost 20 and i sold my ws6 because i started at kent state and driving a 6spd on the highway in winter would be bad especially a rearwheel drive that is pushing 350hp.
Oh shit 350HP. Learn to drive if you can't handle a little snow in your MONSTEROUSLY powerful Trans Am.
Quote:
and the only ticket i EVER got was when i was 16 and it was a 106 in a 70 in West Virginia
Lack of tickets does NOT indicate that you're a good driver. It just means you're lucky. I haven't gotten any tickets and I've done some things that could've landed me some big fines or caused some serious damage.
Quote:
yes but a driver should know how to control in a emergency, yes that sucks but i hydroplaned before and i got out of it thats what they teach you in DRIVERS ED you should try it
Yeah you're the best driver that's ever lived. Driver's Ed sure prepared you for anything and everything you'll ever see on the road. You must've done a significant amount of hours of training in handling various terrains and conditions at varying speeds and turn angles. Let me throw some ice down in front of you as you're going 70 MPH and someone cuts you off and see you "control" that emergency.