View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #54
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
first time seeing the thread, but when a cop is calls ahead to clear the road and is with you, it is legal. I don't know why you guys are flaming this newb so much, we have all done it at one point in time. If you go that fast with other cars around and when its illegal, yes its very stupid then and then he deserves all this. But when its legal and a clear road, go for it. There are risk factors in everything you do, don't call him stupid for him posing no danger to anybody else only himself.

BUT, for the times you went that fast without the road being cleared, your are a complete tool. 150 on a populated road? thats just asking to kill someone. I also love speed, and set my cruise sometimes at 15 over, but even that i agree is stupid to a degree. When i first got my license at 14 i toped out every car i drove, till i realized how stupid and careless i was being and slowed the eff down.

and the hydroplaning, yea sure you can regain control lots of times if it doesn't get to far out. But sometimes it does get to far out and there is nothing you can do about it at that poin you are just along for the ride. So quit being a dumbass and saying you can always recover, your aren't God. its like ice, it has a mind of its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
regardless, doing anything over 100 on a highway is excessive and would be highly illegal, you are lucky when you were doing 106 you didn't get your car impounded
yep, at that speed your are supposed to hand over your license, and get charged with attempted suicide, attempted manslaughter, and wreckless driving.

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 02-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.