View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Here i am!!!! sup dude glad to have you back around, will never forget your avatar picture hahaha

But anyway, uh yeah i researched on google back when i did my DRL removal.... It only mentioned for a 2001 alero. Said pull your DRL fuse and clip pin #87 (or tape) if you prefer.

Personally i clipped mine. But my car is also an 01 so it worked fine for me. I had one guy just last week with a.... 02 or 03 alero who asked me the same question on FB, and i explained to him how i did it, he said it worked for him for 2-3 days then they just started coming back on like nothing happened. And he clipped the pin off.

I havent heard of anyone else having an issue like that. And i couldnt guide him any further on why that happened and how to keep the DRL off, i know just of clipping the pin and being done with it.

I believe that technique will work on a 99 too, fuse is located under the hood, look for something that shows DRL on fuse guide, i believe it is relay #22, then on the bottom side you should see numbers by each pin, and you want to clip Pin 87.

And just for fun, the quote from the site i got it off of that explains what to do...

"2001 Oldsmobile Alero Locate the DRL relay in the main fuse box under the hood, it is #22 corresponding to the diagram on the underside of the fuse box cover. Remove the relay, snip pin 87, and re-insert."

Also never heard of shutting it off at the BCM. Nor have i seen a guide how to. But hey, whatever works really lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-28-2014 at 10:42 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote