View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
personally i don't think that's it's a good idea just for thet fact that in a maf sensor there should be the less turbulence possible, because it's a little thermistance in a round tube calibrated with the pcm...

that's why GM put a screen before the maf, to direct the airflow

I think that it will give you some funky reading but only when you go WOT or fully closed...

and in the event of a backfire you could damage it...

But with that said, the maf is located in the throttle on my 78mm TB on my L67

This is something that is so complex, you don't know how it will work until you try it out. I did one short test drive and was pretty impressed, but it may take many days for problems to show up.

The throttle body and especially the MAF are so far in distance from the intake valves that response always suffers a bit. I don't see how a backfire could affect them thru the SC and intercooler.

I did have problems with a de-screened ported MAF, it had no drivability at all -- constantly stalled. so I went back to the stock LS1.

The concern for it right now is more vibration and how to do the filter.