View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
wws944
GX Member

wws944 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
...As far as I know, the only car that has all 3 is the Oldsmobile Intrigue GLX. The normal intrigue only had map lights, from Donnelly but the GLX had the Gentex with LED lights fitted on the bottom. ...

I have one of the GNTX-221 mirrors from an Intrigue. IIRC, I pulled it out of a '98. It has auto-dim, compass, and map lights - but no temp display.

One 'feature' of it that may dissuade folks from using it is the way it mounts to the windshield button. It slips on the same button as a normal GM mirror, but there is no Torx screw. It just locks in place on its own. To remove it, a special tool must be slid in to lift the tang and allow it to slide off the button. (If you try to jam screwdrivers in to lift the tang, you will likely break the windshield.)

Since my Alero is a sunroof car, the mirror already has map lights. I have been thinking of installing the Intrigue mirror in its place. But there are other options too. Some new aftermarket mirrors actually have full GPS units built in...