Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
So you have all of the leds hooked to that one grey wire? Also you know it changes from grey to like a brown once you get to the radio harness. It runs to the passenger side cause it runs through the fuse block but it should still be grey until it gets to the dimmer module. Have you checked the dimmer module that seems to be between the dimmer switch and the sound system electricaly and the module is just a transitor?
I had them all connected to that. they aren't anymore.

soo.... where exactly does this change to brown? at the dimmer, that i haven't found yet?

it goes from the center console, up to the T wire bundle back/above the radio. Then goes over to the passanger side fuse box? The dimmer module is on the driver's side though?? (i only know of the dimmer switch) unless there are more of them hanging around that i don't know about.... OR unless the dimming/trasistors is controlled by the BCM control box under the glovebox....

and its quite possible that i burned up that transistor w/ the high power draw it had for that brief period of time. so just where would i find this illusive transistor/dimmer??

also, i thought this was odd. At most, i have, at the most, 20 leds lighting up the interior (5 gauge, 3 in each door, 1 driver vent, 2 passanger vent, 4 center vent, 2 switch panel) now, at 0.020A each, that works out to be not even 1A... but, when i put the new fuse tap in, i put a 5A in (thinking it was total overkill) and it blew it immediately. wtf is going on there? i still can't wrap my brain around that one.