View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained01 View Post

You know what, I still have this guy's voicemail saved because it makes me laugh hysterically. I don't have time to read through his whole thread, but I will sum up exactly what happened ...

He ordered ported intakes the week between Christmas and New Years, which we take off for the holidays. I did however answer his calls a few times between those days just because he kept calling over and over and I wanted to keep him happy. I told him my p&p guy took them home with him to work on them over the holiday, and the parts would ship sometime the first week we started back up because after they're ported, we still have to sandblast them, clean them out, tap all the holes, prep all the flange surfaces, and clean them one more time, which takes a little time to do. We came back to work that first week of January, a couple days after the first, I think it was the 3rd or 4th. He called and asked the status, I told him we just started working again that day, I had a call out to my p&p guy, and would get back to him when I heard something. 15 minutes later, he's calling again. He's pretty impatient. So my p&p guy comes to the shop, and I now know what we need to do, and I know this guy is obviously in a life or death need of getting these ported intakes, so I call him and tell him we have the ported intakes in hand, I just have to clean and prep them, and eventhough it's now around 2 or 3pm, I will still do what I have to get them cleaned and ready and ship them that day for him. He says ok that's good. Then he says oh, by the way, I already cancelled the paypal payment for these, but that shouldn't be a problem. I then tell him, "look if you cancelled the payment, I can't ship these, so you need to get that dispute cancelled, and then I can ship them." Paypal tells him if he cancels the dispute, he can't do another one on the same transaction later, so now the guy decides he can't trust me to ship them and proceed to yell at me for about 20 minutes, during which my phone died since I didn't charge it and had spent most of my day so far on the phone. So the guy leaves me this voicemail yelling and saying ...

"Hi Mike, I appreciate you hanging up on me. You're telling me you're not going to give me my money back, and you're not going to give me my parts because you f*cking hung up on me. I better get a call back in 5 minutes. If not I'm filing a complaint to get my money back(which he already did, paypal just hadn't paid him yet, which they can take up to 30 days), and I'm gonna post it on every god-damn f*cking forum I go to, alright!" You know what too, I'm going to record these conversations" (one way conversations of him leaving me a voicemail?) " and all the e-mails. So I do have proof, OK! I don't like getting ripped off, and that's how you're making me feel by giving me these god-damn excuses (Because we took 4-5 days to put his ported intake order together during the ~10 days I take off a year). "either ship the parts, or give me my money back, or I'm taking f*cking action". (which he already did when he did the paypal dispute)

If you can't tell, the guy's kind of a hot-head. Anyone who's dealt with me knows I will bend over backwards to help someone, and I was going out of my way to push this order through as quickly as possible, but in the end, some people simply will never be satisfied.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote