View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I am really going to go on a bit of a rant here but what the heck....

Attitudes like the one mentioned above is EXACTLY whats wrong with the western world today. We want it now, heck, we want it yesterday it seems. We have allowed ourselves to become part of the Chinese world and they are taking our two countries right out from under our feet. The conditioning has been happening steadily since George Bush Senior was the rep to China for the US. He opened the trade, made way for manufacturers to send their companies to China and the R&D is supposed to be here. Well, if you have a lick of sense in your feeble mind, you know this is impossible. You cannot have R&D in one country and have your manufacturing in another country, it cannot work. Almost every major company that we think is American is now really in China. With this little bit of information in your head, here is where it pertains to whats happening here. You are used to getting what you want at a really cheap price, fast... thanks to the "slaves" that work in the Chinese factories for next to nothing so you can get what you want at the click of a button and have your little tracking number within hours. No concern for quality, just give it too me now.
Your attitudes has destroyed a nation. 91% of whats on the shelf of your beloved WalMart is Chinese. 95% of the fish you eat comes from Chinese fish farms that have no regulations and are fed some of the nastiest shit you've ever seen. All this because you want it, and you want it now.
Guys like Mike and Ben are old world. To me, they represent what you guys had at one time and sadly they are probably two of the last. I say raise them up, rejoice in the fact that you got to know them, see their stuff, and know they chose quality over making a buck! Get your effing heads out of your asses before its all gone boys. Order your on-line, sub-par Chinese parts and down the road relish in the fact that that you are now part of a communist society. The US is sitting at around 20% unemployment, where do you think you are going to be in 30 years? Choose quality, not speed guys. Stop buying ebay parts, choose a local market, support your troops!!
The week after GM made the announcement that they are moving head office to China I handed in my resignation, and gave them a moths notice with nowhere to go. I now run an interior painting company and we use nothing but US and Canadian manufactured paint and supplies. It cost much more to operate this way, but I am at least trying...
Enjoy your morning coffee, I have to go paint a house