View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Can I actually order a Milzy n-body radiator and receive it in a reasonable time? I always liked the idea of getting one from you guys, but that whole "group buy/several months" prevents me from ordering.

I will get one today if it's in-stock as I would love to have a radiator ready to go and just tell the installer to make it work.

Yeah, we run into this sometimes with products like this that are low quantity. Unfortunately, when you're trying to sell high quality party for reasonable prices at low quantities, usually this comes along with a longer lead-time.

It also depends what you consider a "reasonable amount of time". These radiators are completely custom-made and over the years, the average lead-time when we are out of stock has been probably 3 months. Sometimes if the manufacturer is out of the cores we use, it takes even longer. It all hinges on that bar and plate core we use. It's what makes our radiators better than anything else, but it also is what takes the time sometimes.

Anyways we've got some radiators we need to order, and we're putting the radiators on sale during this time as a sort of group buy. We're basically trying to group together the radiators we sell during the sale with those we already have to make, and lowering the price to make it easier to get in on the deal. My manufacturer wants to raise the cost of these radiators, which in turn will raise the price, so in order to combat that, I'm trying to order in bigger quantities in an effort to try to keep the price the same. There is not a minimum amount of orders we need to start production, so if we only sell a radiator or two during the sale, we're not going to cancel the orders and say we can't do it. So if one of our radiators has been on your wish list for a while, now would be a good time to get in on the deal because it's likely we may not sell them for this price again.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote