View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #90
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
I tightened up the connections and made another test run, and the device appears to work. Floored it from 25 mph, spun the tires and it pulled nicely up to about 60 mph. The charge pipes shifted around some, and then I had to trim the actuator lever on the "BOV."

The throttle response is different than the standard non-intercooled setup was. Sort of like a mechanical secondary on a 4-barrel carb. Since the two throttle plates tip in at different rates, It required a progressive linkage where the primary TB opens about 15 degrees before the secondary TB (BOV) starts to close. That's an adjustment that mainly affects part throttle response. But BOV opens instantly when you lift your foot, with the help of a return spring

I have to admit, this is the scared-est I've been to drive this thing.