View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #94
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Test setup 3

Took a 10-mile cruise and peaked at 12 psi, which is pretty good considering the restrictive warm-air intake tract. But I did have some debris from the blower make it through the intercooler to the MAF screen, and a trace of PCV vapor oil in the intercooler pipes.....(I'll deal with the PCV later, right now it is fed to the blower inlet.)

I put a screen in the pipe from blower to intercooler, and revised the BOV actuator as a self-contained unit.

Then, to make sure outside air is not pulled back thru the BOV under vacuum conditions, I cut up half-inch squares of paper, put them in the BOV outlet, and a screen over that to keep them in. I drove around the block at low rpm, and the paper stayed on the screen, indicating a constant outward airflow.

I haven't had much time for test driving, but it's not fun in this heat anyway. On the WOT runs that I did make, the temp. increase post-intercooler stayed below 20 degrees, even with no water lines hooked up on the intercooler yet. Normally, I'd see a 50-70 degree increase during 0-60 mph runs in this heat.

The blower noise, though, is going to be a huge challenge. It's loud, obnoxious, and almost constant.