View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 07:01 PM   #344
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to tow it to the transmission shop and have them identify what went wrong. Everyone knows things happen, and it's hard to pin the cause of whatever went wrong 100% on the trans shop, unless it's obvious something wasn't assembled correctly. I'm not sure how we'll be able to discern that it was assembly error vs. excess torque and inevitable damage from 550 lb-ft. I always ease into boost, I'm easy on it, no launching or wheel hopping.

I remember reading Quaife supposedly has never had a failure of their units themselves. I'm assuming they didn't secure it in position properly and it moved around, not engaging the output shaft gear properly, hence the loose feel and whining gear noise I would have recently.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote