View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
http://www.fm-distributing.com/proseal.html

Interesting product, but on the car of mine in question, I suspect that the leak is at the compressor shaft seal. That's mostly because I can't find any leaks anyplace else and can't check that spot without removing the compressor clutch (and most likely the compressor). That and the > 208K miles on it.

Maybe this is a better link (gets good reviews on Amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/Cliplight-Manu.../dp/B0002NYBC8

I am not sure that I would even use this unless I thought that the problem was in the evaporator (the part inside the dash). In your case did you make any attempt to find the location of the leak?

On of the Amazon reviews is interesting in that they used this product to actually find the leak:

Add my story to the list of successes!!! I tried finding a leak but could not locate it. After installing the leak sealant and while idling the engine I finally found the leak. It was at a housing weld on a tube going into the A/C condenser. You could not see it without taking off the bumper shroud on the 2001 Ford Escape.

While I watched the leak hiss and bubble courtesy of the bright green leak detector dye, it started to slow down and stop. Within 5 minutes it had stopped. The sealant had been in the system for about 20 minutes by then.

When did having air conditioning in Canada become so important? I see them fixing it on Holmes on Homes all the time and have been wondering.

I have not made any attempt to find the leak yet. Unfortunately my girlfriend called and told me it all most likely leaked out because she isn't getting any A/C anymore.. Looks like the ProSeal stuff didn't help. I'm going to buy a can of the dye and try to see if I can find that bastard of a leak where ever it is. I was hoping that I could get away with trying to seal it and forget about it, but it didn't work so I'll actually have to try to figure our wherever it's leaking out from..

As for when it became important to have AC in Canada... LOL you're joking right? Right now in my area its 32 degrees Celsius (90 deg Fahrenheit).. It's hot now I can just can't stand it. I'm glad the A/C in my car is still working after the recharge, but who knows for how long.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote