View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Then you have to do the led conversion. The 194 bulbs (bigger ones in there) can just be twisted and popped out. With a little work, the bulbs come out, its easier to take a small screwdriver and straighten the wires in the clip, so they pull straight out.... instead of breaking them and trying to get the pieces out.

I've seen people replace each bulb with 1,2or 3 leds. I used one of each color, so i can switch back and forth... which takes more work. But if you just use one, you can carefully solder a resistor in there, and just put the proper conacts back through the plastic clip. twist it back into place, and your done.

Me? i chose the harder method. I reran 3 wires from each one. One blue, One red and a ground. There is enough room back there for you to do that, but you'll have to be careful to protect your solder joints, so you don't short anything, and have metal contacts touching the circuit board, which could present problems.
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote