View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #80
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Actually the S15 is similar in a lot of ways to the alero/ grand am chassis.
How do you even think this comment is remotly true. Please exsplain this.

Hmm... I actually remember a magazine article where someone imported an S15 into California. I know motorex slipped some skylines in 'legally' (lied about doing crash testing)

Wrong motorex was and did import skyline legally, till the gov. shut them down fr numerous legal reasons with theft, exstortion, etc . in fact you were able to legally order and buy Skylines and s15 from them. If they were road legal at the time prior to the ban the cars were ale to stay road legal,no ohter ones brought into the country now are legal for road use.

Theres a guy in oak harbor washington, whom has a road legal s15 and an r34, the r34 minimcs the signal auto one with the same kit,whit rims and color shifting paint, the s15 was a greenish color, stock body with a huge carbonfiber wing, both from motorex and both road legal. The r34 was brought from apan an supposed to be all set for him quicer than it was, motorex then gave him a substatial discount on the s15 since they were facing closing. Both of them are registered legally and drvien daily.

If you wanted to have a skyline or s15 inthe country as mr.mike said it has to be a '"kit car" that cannot be registered legally. In order to ship a skyline ors15 from japan it has to be shpped as seperate peices. The drive train, body,braking system and electroics cannot be shipped together. once here it would have to be buit back up. This was the same issue i had transefering from japan when I wanted to bring my VIP aristo. The cost to have it shipped and completely built p was an investment i did not want to make.

Basically if you really want an S15 you could get it, but you would pay a huge load of cash and you would have to be ridin dirty.

Or you could get a 240sx (s14) and do an s15 conversion. wouldnt be real, but most people wouldnt be able to tell.

Hahano's was illegal I guess.

you guessed wrong.

Last edited by paulyb : 03-12-2009 at 07:24 AM.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote