View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, he uses military spec batteries in the trunk, they're lightweight, he also uses two up front and removes the heavy ass car battery, so he's not adding too much weight in the end.

there isnt really any strain on the electrical system, i mean, the batteries charge off of the alternator, but they only pull so much from what the alt can put out, he reccomends a higher amp alt for quicker charging, and says it's possible with the right equipment to get a 1:1 discharge:recharge rate.

also during boost the alternator is bypassed completely, so there is no draw from it, and the batterys are completely discharging, and not trying to recharge any.

again, this is more like a nos replacement, push button for 15 seconds (or more if you got money for batteries) of fame. and for the nos enthusiast, you know how expensive nos can become (refills) imagine "refilling" the batteries in the staging lane waiting for your next race.

as a drag racer i can safely say that this system is for me. i'm not a ricer, and dont care for constant power on my commute to work, the alero owns to begin with.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote