View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #74
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
so... fiberglass for metal on metal (or weld) and bondo for plastic?

never bondo on plastic, plastic welding, plastic adhesives, like 3m of fusor products, plastic reinforced patches for strenght, as i go along on the bumper i will post pics of the work so you guys see how plastic is repiared/customized the correct way

and yes grey primer its ppg`s ncp271 which is a high build corrosive protected primer, and no worries at all it would take yrs for this primer to fade and or to chaulk up and loose all properties
as i built the pockets i welded to the rear body panle, and the other fab work on the 1/4 is just exterior sheet metal for commetics, nothing was strutually cut to impose the strenght of the car
and when its ready for primer i am goin to go inside and put pillar foam to keep things quite, seam sealer around joints, 3m makes a seam sealer in a tape form which will be reinstalled in the trunk gutter, when its done its goin to look like the factory made it like this
von dutch style stripes, loud exhaust, and one crazy tattooed polak driving
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote