View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a gremlin...

bit of background on the car...
bought it 2 yrs ago with a severe charging issue, turned out to be a bad reman. alternator from Napa... got it replaced, had no issues since.
last week had the idi cover off to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge. reinstalled everything as well as wired up my volt gauge on Thursday.
now to the issue... Saturday night after work, I went out to go home, it was -18 with the wind chill... started the car, it chugged a bit, turned the heater fan to high and the car just died... everything went dead... had my mom give me a boost, when I had the cables on the car, the interior lights did not even come back on until I actually started the car... as it fired up, all I can hear is Bang!!... sounded like it came from under the hood, but my car was backed almost against a brick wall, with another wall on the driver's side of the car, so it's hard to tell where the sound actually came from... anyways, drove the car home, head lights flickered a couple times, the volt gauge fluctuated from around 13.8-15 (after install it had held a constant 14). made it home, turned it off and the oil light and battery light remained on. I started the car back up, and let it run for about another 15 minutes... tried it this morning, and after I fired it up, I stepped on the gas to rev it a bit and it died again the exact same as last night... got frustrated and came back inside...
HELP!!! if anyone has any ideas it would be great! btw, sorry for the novel!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote