View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
WOT-Tech Cam/heads first fire-up.

Ok, we're finally getting somewhere. I got the time over the past couple of weekends to make some headway. Special thanks to my 13yr old daughter for helping me from the engine build all the way through final assembly and fire-up. She both turned alot of wrenches, kept me motivated, and also totally freaked out my fence-building contractors when they walked up and saw her installing pistons LOL.

It's running a bit rough, but during the following videos, this was the first test fire, then a few short clips after finding a couple of vacuum leaks (note from the erratic idle at first), it smoothed out a bit, but you can still tell it has quite a bit of lope with the given lift/duration and LSA. This is on my old tune also, so the flow characteristics have changed dramatically.

Also, it will sound very raspy since it was recorded on my cell-phone and it picks up more of the high tones than the lows, compounded by it being an open down-pipe with no resonator or muffler.

I'm super excited about moving forward, and it looks like I MAY end up getting a track run in before my coming deployment. Time will tell. I still have to buy tires (all dry-rotted and cracked from sitting in Arizona) and should also be wrapping up a few odds and ends with swapping back to Alero hubs and the custom axles from the MMS 4t65 swap kit.

More to follow as I progress.

Turbo is installed but not connected up, this was just to get the initial idle and check for fluid leaks etc. before finalizing everything.

1st fire-up vid:

2nd vid, found and stopped one or two vacuum leaks:

3rd Vid, found a couple more leaks and it smoothed out a little more:

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote