View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by declined_imp View Post
http://xs-power.com/turbos-2.htm

I do believe that this is the turbo on blackjack's car, yay or nay?

that IS the exact turbo and specs I have, although I got mine through SS Autochrome, and yes, for $350.

Haven't had any issues with the turbo itself, although I am going to step up to a BB at some point once I get my engine completed. Just a matter of a little faster spooling with a BB.

As I mentioned in the PM, I don't recommend that one for a strictly DD. You won't get the low-end power out of it due to spool time, but it's great for drag.

If you want low-end power, I recommend either a smaller Garrett or at least a T3/T4 hybrid with a smaller turbine housing. The specs on mine, it doesn't spool until 3500, hence the nitrous for now to be replaced with a 3500 stall converter.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote