View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
HATE it, I will never buy anything besides a Gates belt again. I replaced my belt about a week ago, today I changed it again, in a parking lot, on my lunch break, in the F%$#$#G rain. my Gatorback lasted just over 400 miles. sure, It was nice and quiet, until it decided to come apart in a million pieces and scatter the insulation from the hood all over my engine bay..needless to say I am not pleased with the money I wasted on this belt.
This is like saying I had a problem with an Olds and I will never buy another. I had a Ford with a worn out tire, never gonna buy another. I had an issue with my ex-wife, never gonna date or marry another women. I had a problem with a fridge, never gonna own another. I had an issue with a friend so I will no longer be friends with anyone.

Maybe you put it on wrong, maybe it was something else that caused it to break but blame it on the Gatorback.

I have had plenty of Gates belts break over the years but I don't go on a rant of how the suck. Shit happens and you move on. If it were to be a consistent problem with the brand I could see but everyone loves them with the exception of you.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote