View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
sure, I was mad, you wouldn't be mad if you had to change a week old belt in the rain in the middle of a 10 hour shift?

In that respect, I hear ya.

I had a "V" belt break on my Delta, at 4 am driving home from work. I replaced is about a week before and was using the Delta as a daily since the Alero was being painted at the time.

The belt snapped because I put it on too tight. I tightened it to zero tenstion because that's what I was used to working on. the belt fell apart and broke and I had to limp the car home because this belt was pretty much the only belt on the car. So I had no water pump, power steering, or alternator for about a mile.

It was funny, I would drive the car, then turn off the ing and let the car roll in netural as to NOT overheat the engine. There was a big sign in my development that said "Your Speed" and I watch it go 27,26,25,24, all the way down to 4 MPH until the car stopped after I passed the sign

Then the next day, I had to walk 2 miles, one way, to the closest NAPA to get a new belt, in the rain, and install the belt, in the rain. Then I got one hell of a shock from the battery when the end of the wrench touched the battery and when I dropped the wrench, it hit both sides of the battery and sparked in my face big time. That wasn't fun

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 05-27-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote