View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I just had my Goodyear Gatorback shred on my over the weekend. Fortunately I was on my way to my GF's house (about 2-3 miles away from it) and had my car loaded with tools (was going to replace struts on one of her cars). Ended up replacing the Alero serpentine belt and tensioner. Good thing she has a garage since it rained all day. Anyway, I'm reasonably sure the belt shredded because of the tensioner (which I considered questionable, and already had another one of those handy) I was going to install it before I made my next out of town trip (in May), but I guess my car decided otherwise. I installed a Dayco replacement since I was able to get the 20% off for ordering online via Advance Auto parts sale on Sunday (with immediate pickup in store). I like the Gatorback, but they are too hard to get locally and Gatorbacks are made in Mexico and the Daycos are cheaper and made in USA.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 04-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote