View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #11
Koots
GX Member

Koots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilzyZ34 View Post
They just boost the number to sell cars. Nothing more. Throttle body, cam, valvesprings, heads, intakes, pistons, rods, ignition system, exhaust manifolds, etc are all the same. The tunes are not more aggressive in one than another. Tunes very year to year, but not vehicle to vehicle, atleast as far as horsepower goes. The exhaust may be a different configuration from one car to another, but the downpipes are all the same diameter, so they flow the same.

Good info.

I found it weird that tunes did vary from year to year, but checking it with the tune depository on HP Tuners I could see a variety of changes in just various years of 3400 equipped Alero's. My base transmission tune is a combination of my 99 base tuning and some upgrades from a 2001 (IIRC). The 2001 had slower shift times, but better pressures, so I figured I'd try that out as my base setting before incrementally improving it until I'm happy with it.

All the fuel related changes I saw were something I didn't mess with though. I figured there was a good reason for it and I could do a better job with the VE/MAF tables myself once I'm finally finished dealing with the rust all over this car.
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote