Thread: Progress
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 04:17 PM   #34
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by springs fastest alero+Dec 29 2004, 11:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (springs fastest alero @ Dec 29 2004, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wy3134@Dec 29 2004, 09:47 PM
ahh the good ole supercharger, i still cant decide which route to go, better experiences w/ superchargers over turbochargers? i know the benefits of both but actual experience is better than any knowledge found in books...btw thats some hella custom work bein done!
I like instant power.
turbos are cool and I still want to play with one some time. I just cant stand lag. and turbos still take power to make power, but there is no way arround the exhaust restriction they create. There are ways to lessen drag on the engine from a supercharger.
that and too many people have turbos arround here
I've never owned one and the sound of them is old to me.
I figure I'm taking a car that gets little respect on the streets and wiping the smerk off their face, I might as well use a power adder that gets little respest.
not many people have messed with twin screw sc's
they are fairly new to the automotive industry. but what I've seen I love. [/b][/quote]
a screw supercharger...isn't that what the millenia S's had? that was one powerful engine for being 2.3L.

i was thinking the same thing, i see v6 headers, a clutch, flywheel.......awesome, to bad gm only put a stick to the smaller engine, alero could have been a pretty fast car with a 3400/5 speed