Thread: Custom hoods
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #41
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
My personal opinion, which means nothing to anyone else, unless they agree with me, is that a cowl hood, and the mustang hoods (which by the way, I love the mustang hoods!!) to ME at least, means you better have something under the hood to back up the impressiveness of the hoods!!

As for the other hood with the two smallish openings at the front end, I think it has a very nice subtle look to it. I don't think it needs to be backed up with anything special under the hood at all. Kinda like adding a cold air intake. I really like the look of the hood wih the two smallish opening at the front.

Now, I've noticed on this forum, that most people are VERY perticular about what looks good and what doesn't look good on an Alero. Some like the ricer look, and lots others would rather blow a "ricer Alero" away with a bazooka! I personally am not a fan of the lowered look on an Alero, but many on here love it!!

The look I would like for my Alero, is a nice set of the stock Alero aluminum rims, either the 15's or the 16's (not that different a look), the rear wing from a Grand Am (looks practically identical to the Alero except for the tiny "wings" on the top, where as the Alero has nothing on the top of the wing), and maybe the above mentioned hood I like.

I am not a fan of a ground effects kit, or a huge rear wing (a huge rear wing just doesn't sound right on a front drive car!!) a car lowered so it can't even run over a crunchie bar without damaging the ground effects kit, and I am not a fan of flames. They looked okay in the 60's on 1930 hot rodded cars, but they just don't work for me now.

Now I know ALOT of people won't agree with my opinions, but that's exactly what our soldiers of past and present fought and are fighting for today, Is for the right of us to have that exact freedom of expression.
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote