View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Give it some time to start throwing fuel trim lean codes -
although I had headers when mine was installed, I ran dangerously lean with a 2.5" pulley. Stock injectors with the compound FPR that came with the kit.

I forgot to mention that I revised the main spark timing tables on the top end. The fuel demand is reduced somewhat as a result. I did max the injectors on a scan at WOT. In much cooler weather, it is likely that more midrange fuel trim cells will go lean. But I never got any lean codes set on the track car from simply maxing out the injectors, just more Knock Retard.

I am keeping this '03 ready to go back to 100% stock, except for the trimming done on the fan shroud. For the mods I did here, I used an extra battery tray and coolant hardline. I can do most of the MP90 mock-ups on it now, though, just don't want to relocate the battery.

I can also experiment with water injection at this point, which would help with a lean condition.