Thread: Ecotec Turbo
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
havik

Discussion: Turbocharging the Alero

Quote:
Has anyone turbo charged an Alero 4 cyl, and if so what works best? Any examples on this site?

Note: this post posted by nguyen187
Links provided: http://photos.yahoo.com/nguyen187
http://www.n-body.net/registry/nguyen187/
Quote:
check out my links below, any questions just PM me!

Quote:

how much would it cost to do this?

Quote:
well i got hooked up on most of the parts so it only cost me around $1800 so far! but after the intercooler and a couple other things i'm looking around $3000-3500.

for the most basic and cheaper parts you'd be looking around what the exploited stage 0 would be!

Quote:
Very nice, I remember when you started that, but I havent been on the board in a while. Have you been to the track or dyno yet?

Quote:
na been to busy working out all the bugs in the system, school, but the other night i ran my bosses RSX Type-S which had the AEM cold air and Thermal Exhaust and we were pretty much dead even. From what i've seen the Type S with those mods usually pull in about 185-190 whp and 1/4 times of mid to low 14's. Considering that i only had 134whp to begin with! So thats not too bad, once i get some fuel outta the system and add the intercooler, and hopefully the reprogram from GM then we'll see!

hey borla how you liking the spec?

Quote:
looking for an FMU? I got one for sale

Quote:
which one?

already got one but its just dumping too much fuel!

Quote:
what size do you have again???

You still going to get the cartech one?

Quote:
i'm running a vortech 12:1, just way way too much fuel. When i bought mine the 12:1 was what all the J-Body people suggested, now everybody and their mom and dad are going with the Cartech, so we'll see. Hell i'm gonna look into the GM reprogram as well!

Quote:
how about getting the recalibration deal junk and going to 10:1?

Quote:
Spy i would do the different disk, but as i modify i will need a bit more fuel here and there, so that why i want the Cartech for its simple adjustability factor.

which FMU do you have?

Quote:
cartech is much better than a 10:1 FMU