View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:05 AM   #22
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
........But soon, as the car warmed up and the computer settled in, an off-idle stumble developed. Not just from a standing start, but also a hesitation when stabbing the throttle from a low rpm cruise. This was accompanied by a little black smoke out of the tailpipe each time, and random misfires but no codes thrown. Eventually the computer's compensating made matters even worse. I tried every possible tuning combination to get a usable result, but none worked.

I had this problem with the 36 and 35 lb. injectors, but not the 28's. After a test drive earlier today, it appears the problem is solved.

I demodded the car except for CAI, exhaust system, and ignition. I installed the 36 lb injectors again, reset the injector flow rate (IFR) close enough for a run and scan, let it warm up, and drove about 8 miles. This time the idle was normal, no misfires, no hesitation, good throttle response. Unfortunately, since the tranny is shot, I could only test WOT in first gear.

Looks like the problem was that the (stock-type) throttle body that I modified is not exactly like the stock one in the idle air control (IAC) opening, and needs a section cut out of the mounting flange to work correctly.

If no other problems crop up, I'll retry the RC Engineering 35's.

Last edited by AleroB888 : 07-05-2011 at 01:50 AM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote