View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
i guess what i'm trying to say is, if i can get away with just the interior speakers that sound really nice, do i even need any subs? i've been told that i can just buy a 4channel amp and wire the interior speakers to that so i can get the most out of these speakers, therefore i won't need any subs. is this true?

and the only reason why i would get a powered sub is to basically get a little more bump for the lows that im missing from an already great sounding system. plus its small/compact and comes with the amp already.. like i said, i'm not trying to get crazy loud, i don't want everyone turning their heads looking to see me coming down the block, i wanna stay low key.

The 6x9's are known to push out more bass than a conventional 6.5 speaker, but it's at the expense of clarity. If I was you, I'd get a monoblock amp and 2 10" Alpine SWE 10S4's and leave the speakers alone, whether they're monsoon powered or head unit powered.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine-1...eci fications

The Alpines are 40 bucks at Best Buy, and only put out 250 watts but you can get them cheaper than that if you search online.

For 10's they're decent and with the right amp and sub box they will sound good. I would simply recommend not using the sub gain on the head unit and let it all be naturally powered by the amp and it won't be as loud. 10" subs don't really get very loud anyways, and 500 watts (if you get 2) isn't much, but it's also always good to be able to crank it up a notch on the interstate for bass you can feel.

I had these subs in 12"s and used a Sony 1100 watt amp to power them. The amp isn't really powerful, it only puts out 600 watts bridged, enough to power the 2 subs. It didn't get crazy loud unless I turned up the sub volume on the head. I would seriously recommend them.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote