View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
what??? Um....lets do some more research before we start talking mad shit please.

EXACTLY. It's completely possible, and HAS INDEED been done without moving said firewall, but as far as I know, it was a wiring nightmare, and STILL doesn't run correctly. ( but I could be wrong ) That 10k pricetag is also butkus...He might have that much invested, but not just in the swap. With high-mile 99 N-bodies kickin around for less than 3k around here, that leaves him 7k+ to drop it, vinyl it up, toss on a bodykit, paint it, and do the motor swap. ( Again, completely possible to do for under 10k )

dig it -> http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=6943.

The L67 swap into a J-body is very common as a matter of fact....with the motor in stock trim with 0 mods, the J-body L67 combo is a low 13 second car proven very easily...I'll get y'all links if there's a need for proof.

Speaking of supercharged motors in Aleros, I can't believe the GM blower upgrade for the 2.4 isn't more popular than it is....for less than $1,500, ( plus a GM tune ) it's a great way to wake up the the little engine that couldn't. I dunno what the 2.4 twin puts out, but GM claims an added 50 horse without any additional porting, etc. I bet if there was more work done, we'd be looking @ closer to 75 additional hp above stock numbers. Granted, a custom turbo system will put down better numbers for around the same amount of scratch, the GM blower is a plug n play kinda deal, custom made for that motor, which is why I woulda thought it would be more popular?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote