View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #59
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Haha yeah they did come out OK I guess. Just compared to some pro shots they are sub-par. Rolling shots are very difficult to perfect. I found a guy on Instagram locally that's going to take some awesome ones of my car, and his tend to come out better: https://www.instagram.com/jamespaulmedia/

Yeah, it's going to be a very reflective candy red. I photoshopped all sorts of colors, and when it comes to having a kit like this on the Alero, red, white, metallic gray, orange, bright green are the only ones that seem to look "good" - but I have a thing for candy red.

We'll see how it shakes out. If I happen to get the body kit modified up and have some spare money, I might have the car wrapped in a reflective red for now, and then when I have a ton of money to sink into bodywork and RWD conversion, the car will be powder coated and then painted the color. I am probably going to pick up a spare Alero to get the custom work done without having this one down. We'll see what happens. Fabricator says it's easier to just grab a scrap car whose main body is good and rust free, modify it, then transfer all the stuff I want from this car to it.

Yeah I think they came out more than okay man. Give yourself some credit lol and that I believe given the amount of different variables in capturing something that's moving at a certain speed while it's surroundings are stationary. Nice!! I checked out his Instagram and those are some really sweet photos. I still have the one you took of my Miata in Michigan a few years back saved on my computer haha.

Nice and yeah I like a good gray myself, but it makes sense. Red is what you started with afterall. It was the OG project. I could definitely see that and plus finding another Alero on the cheap is pretty easy. Even if you come across a nice one. I still see them driving around from time to time, but most of them are in pretty rough shape unfortunately.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote