View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
i say a fuel filter and throttle body cleaning would do your car some good. also, a bottle of chevron techron fuel system cleaner has helped my car run much better between major system fixing and whatnot. when was the last time you changed your air filter?

also, is there any possibility that your car has a leaky vacuum line? i had one that was not setting a SEL light and after I got it fixed, fuel mileage went way up

I havn't check anything for leaks so far so there could possible be a vacuum leak, but my mileage has always been crappy since I started driving my car.

Just this past summer I bought a crappy Ractive air filter as a temporary solution for my cold air intake. Once spring comes, i plan on redoing all my intake piping and buying a K&N filter. I bought a 65mm tb and once it comes I'm going to buy a ported UIM and throw that on as well.

One thing I haven't done in a while is fuel injector cleaner. I've never had any luck with them anyways so I actually don't care for them.

I intend on buying the O2 sensor tomorrow and filling up and seeing what my MPG is like. I'll probably post my results if there was any improvement.

I also heard that the "winter blend gas" also has some sort of effect on mileage too so that could also be a contributing factor.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote