Thread: What brand?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #16
swimmarz13

personaly, I have a 10" boston acoustics sub ina band pass box and it hits harder than when i had 2 12" rockfords. if you get the right combonation its gonna sound good, my sub is ina ballanced bandpass which makes it sound like 2-3 speakers eventhough there is just one and i am only runnin 500w to it(its rated to 1000W) I to had the problem with ratteling untill i did 2 layers of dynamat and took off the vent doors near the wheel wells(behind the carpet allows you trunk to get frest air so it doesnt smell moldy ask more and ill show pics) with the setup i have now I hit 130db and my boy has 2 jl 12w6's and he only hits 140db. i must admit I had alot of help from a good friend of mine over at tweeter(my friends dad is the ceo of the company) i was able to get all i have(the 10" sub, box, amp, and cap) for $300. I am running an alpine v-series bass engine and i have a 1/2 farrad cap on it. seriously though I prefer the 10" to a 12" any day, they hit cleaner and tighter than the 12"so if your thinking 2 12" i suggest going with 2 or 3 10" trus me on this.