View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Runaboveit
GX Member

Runaboveit is on a distinguished road
Exclamation heater pipe to heater core hose connector.. help

So when I bypassed my heater core, I couldn't get the plastic connector that was attached to the metal heater pipe which then attaches to the heater core hose off, and it ended up snapping. (I've never used quick connect fittings like that.. couldn't figure out how the hell to get it off heh).

Anyway, I looked it up at work (checker oreillys) and it only showed one option available which is part number 28500 from Gates.
25 bucks. and I had to order it. I called around other places pepboys autozone and they didn't even have a listing period.

After I ordered it I went poking around the shelves and found a connector that looks the same but specifies ford 90-99, its from dorman part #800-403.

Take a look ... they are 5/8 on both ends. Will the dorman one work?

Gates 28500

I don't know why it shows 3. Not sure if the 25 I paid will include 3 or just 1. They kinda look different sizes in the pic. But anyway, the one I ordered for that part number does say 5/8 in our description.

And here is the Dorman part # 800-403 that I came across.

package says 5/8 as well.

Shouldn't this one work? Its much cheaper 8.99 and we have them in stock.

Or are there any other routes I can take that are more durable than these plastic connectors? Right now I have the bypass hose directly clamped onto the metal tube and am worried about it rusting. I have the heater core and new heater core hoses.. just this little damn part is holding me back.

miles as of 04/23/10
Runaboveit is offline   Reply With Quote