View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #10
FrankNY
GX Member

FrankNY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FrankNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacho View Post
i have done this frank and it makes your job 10x easier if you remove the evap canister right in front of the fuel filter so you have room to put your arm up there and get the green piece off. 1 bolt holds on the evap canister (black box) and it slides out, then you have some room. Leave the screw fitting on because that's the stable side, i used a pocket knive and pushed on the side of the green piece (connector) and one side unhinged and then you push it out of the fitting and then unscrew the other side. Very easy when that canister is not in your way.

Edit: I read someone's post above about breaking the fitting, DO NOT BREAK THE FITTING, the fitting that came with my fuel filter didn't even fit on my v6.
Thanks, I'll try again this weekend, I did move the evap canister out of the way, that was the only way to get two wrenches in there to loosen the inline nut & hold the filter. So on the green piece, I should unhinge the little clip (which I previously did). Now should I squeeze the green connector while I try to pull out the old filter? That's where I am having a problem. I tried to pull off the green connector from the black line that comes from the fuel tank and it didn't move at all. I stopped because its all plastic & was afraid of breaking it. You're saying that the green piece is not to be removed.
FrankNY is offline   Reply With Quote