View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I think I broke a window clip!

I rolled down the right rear window and when I went to roll it up, I heard something break. I can push the window back up with my hands, and it stays up, but I put some tape on it. When I use the switch, it's trying to work.

Would I be OK assuming it's a window clip and buying the parts or should I take it apart first to determine exactly what's wrong?

Can the parts be bought locally or is this a mail order part (or so expensive locally that I wouldn't want it)?

Do these things come in pairs or do I buy them one at a time?

I see different types of replacement window clips, does one work better than the other?

Some ebay auctions say that it's for a particular side, some say one fits all places???

OR is it this one (Autozone calls this a "window guide":

Or do I need this set:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...dow#fragment-3

BTW, I hate Dorman, but given how crappy the OEM part is this could be an improvement.

Then there is the glue I should use??? Do I have to buy a big tube of window weld? That stuff is expensive and I only need a little bit of it Will JB Weld work?

Another thing, I don't think that window has been used even 10 times. The car only has 34K miles on it. Is that a record for a broken window part here?

If I can buy the stuff locally, I assume that I can do this after work?

From what I have read elsewhere, I heat gun should make removing the broken clips easy enough. Correct?

Last edited by zzyzzx : 07-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote