View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Yeah but the problem is, in Germany cars have to have 15 inch wheels, no larger. Fallout Boy told us this a while ago on the forum. The Camaro/Impala front brake upgrade and the GXP rear require 16 inch wheels and the Corvette upgrade requires 17 inch wheels.

I never saw that post. For that I do apologize. I did not realize in Germany, you couldn't even change your wheels. That's pretty sad.

One thing I never tried but I should have is whether or not the 1G W body brakes would fit the N body. The 1st W bodies had dual brake pistons in their caliper standard until the switch to 2G in 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamix View Post
Thanks to all for the answers so far. That means that there are no brakes that there is no chance to find a suitable replacement for the OEM brakes, except the Camaro brake upgrade?

That means it could happen that I have to pay them hundreds of bucks for a break that is illegal in their opinion. Even if they say it is legal, I can expect a bill of about 3000$ for this registration. In addition, I will have to do the same with the rims even if that should be much easier than the brakes.

It is a shame that the german Aleros only have the 15" rims. These Aleros are goverened at about 126mph, not 108.

You are correct, the upgrades to OEM brakes are not very great at all. Slotted rotors and ceramic pads is basically you can do with stock calipers, but the problem is that the N body's caliper is single piston instead of a dual piston. The best way to have a high performance brake system is upgrading to dual piston.

I have the Camaro in question (4th gen) and the braking power is awesome. A quick brake to the floor will almost always activate the ABS because the power is insane.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote