View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
Dynamix
GX Member

Dynamix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
I never saw that post. For that I do apologize. I did not realize in Germany, you couldn't even change your wheels. That's pretty sad.

One thing I never tried but I should have is whether or not the 1G W body brakes would fit the N body. The 1st W bodies had dual brake pistons in their caliper standard until the switch to 2G in 1997.

Well, you can change your rims in Germany without any problems, as long as they have been tested and proofed uncritical or unsafe. If the rims you like have this certificate, it is no problem to change them as long as they have the same size as before. If you wanna have bigger rims on the alero this will mean that I have to look for a tire size that suits to the new rims. The reason for that is that the speedo will become more inexact if you put on any tire/rim combination.

Quote:
You are correct, the upgrades to OEM brakes are not very great at all. Slotted rotors and ceramic pads is basically you can do with stock calipers, but the problem is that the N body's caliper is single piston instead of a dual piston. The best way to have a high performance brake system is upgrading to dual piston.

I have the Camaro in question (4th gen) and the braking power is awesome. A quick brake to the floor will almost always activate the ABS because the power is insane.

Well, I am not mandatory needing more stopping power. All I need is a brake setup which rotors dont start to warp after a hard brake like the old ones.